Summer Digital Film Camp for youth ages 8-18
- View Official Film Camp Trailer here
- Youth ages 8-18 create dynamic short digital films from start to finish
- All sessions take place on the 10th Street Campus of Selkirk College where participants have direct access to professional camera gear and the latest in digital film software
- Professional instructors facilitate a safe, fun and hands-on environment for all types of learners
- Participants work as a crew to develop the technical and creative skills of filmmaking as cooperation, communication and leadership skills are emphasized throughout the learning process
- All programs run Monday–Friday, from 9am–3pm
- The Graduation Celebration takes place on the last Friday. All family and friends are invited to a screening of the final films.
One and Two Week Programs for New and Advanced Filmmakers
Participants of this age range work together to make their very own digital films. From Monday’s pitch to Friday afternoon’s screening, it’s a busy week of directing, shooting and editing for each and every filmmaker. Both new and experienced filmmakers welcome. No equipment necessary.
2013, July 22-26th,, Monday to Friday 9AM-3PM
$325. Subsidies available upon request. Please ask when you call to register.
Earn 4 high school credits through SelfDesign High (not Selkirk College)
Grade 10, 11, 12 participants who reside in BC
During the first week of this hands-on program participants pitch, script, direct, and produce their own short films using professional camera and sound gear. Once production is complete, the focus turns to editing, where participants learn advanced editing techniques using Final Cut Pro and create an original soundtrack using Soundtrack Pro. A short internship is made available during the second week for participants who would like to work alongside a professional filmmaker to gain experience on the set or in the field. An emphasis on collaboration, responsibility and critical thinking run through all aspects of this intensive two week program. Participants do not need any gear or equipment to participate.
Dates 2013, July 8-19th, Monday to Friday, 9AM-3PM
$350 for participants going into Grade 10, 11 and 12 who reside in BC and register through SelfDesign High.
$650 for all other participants. Subsidies available upon request. Please ask when you call to register.
The subsidies are available and offered as needed to everyone that registers for the film camp. Upon registering for your particular program, you must let the administrative staff at Selkirk College/Kootenay School of the Arts know that you would like to receive a $25 or $50 subsidy.
Parents who register more than one participant in a family automatically receive a $50 discount on each additional child.
Call Kootenay School of the Arts at Selkirk College at 250 352-2821 or visit their office at 606 Victoria Street, Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
For Further Program Information
Contact Amy Bohigian at 250.505.5169 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Leadership, self-esteem, creativity and teamwork. That was the value of this film camp.
I want to be a film director, so this was the perfect experience to prepare me for a career in filmmaking.
It’s not just about being in the movie. It’s about learning how to do it.
My son got pure satisfaction and pride from being in this program.
I highly recommend this camp because the instructors were excellent leaders for the kids and taught much more than video related skills.